EXTRACT OF ZONING REGULATIONS FOR BUILDINGS
MINIMUM SET BACK REQUIRED ON ALL THE SIDES OF A BUILDING UPTO 10.0 MTRS. IN HEIGHT.
EXTERIOR VACANT SPACES FOR THE BUILDINGS-
Note : 1. The Vacant spaces to be left shall conform to the height necessary to consume the permissible FAR.
COVERAGE AND F.A.R. FOR RESIDENTAL, COMMERCIAL, PUBLIC & SEMI-PUBLIC, TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION AND PUBLIC UTILITY BUILDINGS
SEMI-DETACHED HOUSES [BACK TO BACK OR SIDE TO SIDE]
ROW HOUSING [MAXIMUM 12 UNITS, MINIMUM 3 UNITS]
Minimum size of the plot 2000 sq.mtrs
REGULATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT IN AGRICULTURE ZONE
A band of 15m width immediately abutting either sides of the ROW of the BMICP roads is declared as “Buffer Zone”. No development is permitted in this zone except for road formation.
FLOOR AREA, COVERED AREA, HEIGHT, F.A.R. ETC.,
The maximum number of floors, percentage of plots coverage, FAR, height of the building for different plot size with existing road width as limiting factor are given in the following tables for various types of buildings like; Residential, Commercial, Public and Semi-Public, Industrial, etc.,
If the plinth of the building is constructed leaving more set-backs than the minimum prescribed, basement floor may extent beyond the plinth of the building, but not part of the set-backs shall be used for basement.
One basement may be provided only for parking if the area of the premises is 1000 sq.mtrs and above with a minimum road width of 12 mtrs.
One additional basement (two) for all buildings exceeding five floors may be permitted for parking and machines used for services and utilities of the building.
The maximum of three basements in case of three stars and above Hotels be permitted for parking and machines used for service and utilities of buildings.
The area of mezzanine floor shall not exceed 1/3 of covered area of ground floor.
Floor Area Ratio (FAR):
Floor Area Ratio (F.A.R.) is the quotient obtained by dividing the total covered area of all floors by the plot area. Floor area includes the mezzanine floor also.
The floor excludes the area used for car parking, staircase room, lift room, ramp, escalators, ducts, water tanks, main sanitary duct, open balcony and machine rooms.
When site do not face the roads of required width noted against each, then the F.A.R. applicable to the corresponding width of roads shall apply.
When a site faces wider road than the one prescribed against it, the FAR shall be restricted only to the limit prescribed for the area of the particular site.
When coverage is less than the maximum prescribed, more No. of . floors and height may be permitted to utilize the full F.A.R.
The Set-backs and coverage are irrespective of road width.
Means of Access:
The means of exclusive access, which would be other than public roads and streets, shall not be of more than 30 meters length from the existing public roads and streets. The minimum width of such access shall be 3.5 mtrs. FAR and height of buildings coming up on such plots shall be regulated according to the width of public street or road. If the means of access exceeds 30.0 mtrs. in length, FAR shall be regulated with reference to the width of such access road. Construction of building on plots with common access/lanes from the public road/street shall be regulated according to width of such common access roads/lanes.
Lift will have to be provided for buildings with more than ground plus three floors. In case of basements, where car parking is provided, ground plus three floors and above shall have a lift.
In case of Commercial Buildings or shopping centers and residential apartments, provision should be made for fire safety measures in accordance with the requirement as stipulated by Fire Force Authorities, before issue of occupancy certificate.
Width of Road:
Road width means distance between the boundaries of a road including footways and drains measured at right angles at the center of the plot. In case of road having service roads in addition to the main roads, the width of the road shall be the aggregate width of service roads and main roads for determining FAR and number of floors.
Ramp should be provided with a minimum width of 3.5 meters and a slope of not more than 1 in 10. Ramp shall be provided after leaving a clear gap of minimum 2.0 mtrs. from the neighboring properties.
The height of the building shall be covered by the limitation of FAR, the frontage of the plots as stipulated in the respective tables.
If a building abuts onto two or more streets of different widths, then the height of the building shall be regulated according to the width of the wider road.
Adequate space for Car parking shall be provided in the premises as per standards given in the table.
When basement floor is proposed for car parking, convenient entry and exist shall be provided. Adequate drainage, ventilation and lighting arrangements shall be made to the satisfaction of BMICAPA.
a) The front and rear setbacks shall be with reference to depth the site.
b) The left and right setbacks shall be with reference to width of the site.
1. Where the building lines are fixed in such cases the front setback or the building line, which is higher of the two, shall be considered as the setback to the building in the front.
2. In case of corner sites both the sides facing the road shall be treated as front side and regulations applied accordingly to maintain the building line on these roads and to provide better visibility.
3. In case of building facing more than two roads, the plot should be considered as corner plot taking two wider roads into consideration.
4. In case of sites facing roads both in front and rear, both the sides facing roads should be treated as front and other two sides not facing roads should be treated as right and the setbacks be applied accordingly.
5. In case where the plinth of the building is not parallel to the property line, the set back shall not be less than the specified setbacks at any given point on any side.
6. In case of building, which are existing prior to coming into force of these regulations, upper floor may be permitted according to the existing setbacks only, but limiting the F.A.R and No.of.floors according to the present regulations, subject to production of foundation certificate by a registered engineer.
7. In case of irregular plots the set-backs are to be calculated according to the depth or width at the points where the depths or widths are varying. Average setbacks shall not be considered in such cases.
8. The left and right setbacks may be interchanged by the authority in exceptional cases due to existing structures like; open well and also considering the topography of the land. However, the authority shall resort this to only as an exception.
9. Setbacks should be provided in the owners' plot, public, open spaces should not be considered as setbacks.
10. For garage no side or rear setbacks are to be insisted. One upper floor not exceeding 3m. in height shall be permitted provided no openings are provided towards neighboring buildings and at least one opening for light and ventilation is provided towards the owners property.
11. Where lumber-room is proposed in a portion of garage, the length of garage shall not exceed 1/3 of the length of the site but not more than 6 mtrs. in any case. In such cases the depth of the lumber-room shall not exceeds 1.25 meters and entrance to such lumber-room shall be from the rear setback only.
12. Garage shall be permitted in the rear right hand corner of the plot. In cases of building constructed or sanctioned prior to the enforcement of these regulations where space is not available on the right side, it may be permitted on the left side provided minimum set-back exists in the adjoining property of the left side.
13. In case of corner plots the garage shall be located at the rear corner diagonally opposite to the road intersection.
14. The maximum width of the garage shall not exceed 4 mtrs.
15. The garage shall not be constructed or reconstructed within 4.5 meters from road edge. This may be relaxed in case where the garage forms part of the main building with minimum setback for that plot.
16. For cinema theatres the setbacks and other provision shall be as per the Karnataka Cinematography Act and Rules.
17. In case of two or more buildings proposed on a single site, the setbacks shall be applied as if they are on single common site.
18. In case of ‘High – Rise buildings' i.e., building with ground floor plus four floors and above, the minimum set-back all-round the building shall be read with Table – II and Group Housing Regulations.
19. For high rise building, N.O.C.s from BWSSB/KUWSSB, Fire Force and Telecommunication Department, shall be furnished.
20.For group housing with Ground+3 floors of below, N.O.C.s from B.W.S.S.B/K.U.W.S.S.B/K.P.T.C.L shall be furnished.
21. In case of designated Township areas of BMICP, where the Company itself is providing dedicated water supply, STP, TTP, power supply, telecommunication system, the Authority need not seek the ‘NOC' from the Government Organizations excepting fire force department for according approvals to High rise buildings and Group Housing.
22. Development such as group housing, apartments, commercial complexes,office complexes,should be provided/connected to Sewage treatment plant.
PARKING AND LOADING FACILITIES
MINIMUM PARKING REQUIREMENTS
Each off street car parking space provided for motor vehicles shall not be less than 18 sq.mtrs. For motor cycle and scooter, the parking space provided shall not be less than 2.5 sq. mtrs and 1.5 sq.mtrs respectively, and it shall be not more than 25% of the car parking space leaving clear space round the building for the movement of vehicles.
Off street car parking space shall be provided with adequate vehicular access to a street and areas of drives of not less than 2.5 mtrs. vide, aisles and such other provisions required for adequate monitoring of vehicles excluding the parking space stipulated in these regulations.
Car parking shall not be provided in the setback areas. If provided a minimum of 3.0 mtrs. shall be left free from the building.